Doing The Right Way

Reasons People are Giving for Supporting the Move to Changes the Drunk Driving Laws in Texas

The results of a recent poll showed that the majority of the people in Texas, are advocating for changes in drunk driving laws in Texas to make them tougher. About 54% of the people in Texas want the government to lower the legal blood alcohol concentration limit from .08 to .05 according to the survey by the Texas Medical Center Health Policy Institute. The other remaining 46% advocates the BAC to be lowered to zero. Here are the justifications for making the drunk driving laws in Texas more strict.

The enforcement of legal limit to .05 in Utah may be one of the reasons that Texas is looking to adopt this law. It is common for states to borrow laws and regulations from other states. The poll was conducted on 1000 people from Texas and 3000 from the remaining states about making changes to the drunk driving laws in the area. By taking a poll on this high number the results shows a factual representation of the opinions of the entire population in Texas according to Dr. Garson.

The other cause for the need to change the drunk driving laws in Texas is the unpredictability of the BAC limit. Professionals argue that drinking the same quantity of alcohol does not mean that people will have the same reactions. You may find a person who is within the required BAC limit of .08 causing accidents despite adhering to the laws. Thus, it is not adequate to use the BAC limit alone for improving road safety creating the popular opinion of lowering it to zero.

The other justifications for lowering the BAC is to lower the number of road accidents that result in deaths and severe injuries. The risk of a car crash is magnified when the driver is drunk. Hence, to improve road safety and minimize the accidents it is necessary to lower the BAC limit in Texas.

Lowering the BAC to .05 is a move that many people in Texas are supporting; however professional is asking whether it is adequate to yield any positive impact. It is also vital to learn more about what it means on having a blood alcohol concentration of .05. You should aim to see the number of wine glass or bottles of beer you will drink to reach this .05 limit. According to many people in Texas lowering the BAC to .05 is an essential step towards improving road safety.

More information: discover here